Foster Parent Program
You can help us save lives by making space for us to rescue even more kittens and cats. We need foster parents for our special needs cats, bottle fed kittens, litters of kittens, or older cats who would flourish better in a home environment.
Most fostered felines stay with their foster families, for two (2) to three (3) months. Our foster parents report the experience has given them so much more than they expected. Our foster parents know they are making a difference in the lives of their foster kitties.
If you are interested in fostering, please take a moment and fill out our online application. Once processed, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Being a foster parent involves giving our felines a safe environment to grow and heal. You’ll feed them with food we provide; socialize with them; administer any medications; and transport them to and from the shelter and our veterinarian, as needed.
Things to consider BEFORE you Apply!
- You are 21 years old or over.
- You have the ability to quarantine new fosters for up to 3 weeks in an easy-to-disinfect, carpet-free room (e.g. a spare bathroom, laundry room, etc.).
- You have the ability to keep your fosters separate from your personal pets the entire time.
- You own or rent and your landlord allows pets.
- You must have reliable transportation, and be willing to transport fosters to and from The Hermitage.
What we really need...
- Fosters who are willing to take in litters of kittens (typically 3 or more).
- Experienced bottle feeders or those who are willing to learn.
- Fosters willing to host kitties with ringworm.